Why get a Retractable Hose Reel?
If you’ve had a never-ending battle with kinking, tangled hoses and unreliable leaking hose fittings, then you’re not alone! We’ve all been there including Hoselink founder Tim Kierath, who was fed up with getting soaked when hose fittings would burst off his garden hose, so he sought to develop a product that would solve his watering woes.
Water is a precious resource and most of us can’t afford to waste a drop, which is where Hoselink’s Connectors come in. Guaranteed never to leak or burst off your hose, the connectors are a completely unique patented design unlike anything else on the market. Fitted to the hose with a barb and split ring system, the bayonet-style fittings buck the trend for click-ons found across Australia and instead connect together using a simple ‘point and twist’ action to create a truly watertight seal.
Pre-fitted with a full set of Hoselink Connectors, the Retractable Hose Reel features a kink-resistant, high-quality hose inside and a specially designed ‘stop-anywhere’ locking mechanism for easy watering at any length. The self-layering rewind system retracts and coils your hose neatly back inside the casing on command, whilst the wall-mounted bracket design allows the reel to pivot 180°, following your direction as you water. The UV-stabilised casing has been built to last in tough Aussie conditions with integrated carry handles to make it easy to lift and carry the Hose Reel for storage or to move between locations.
What’s the difference between a Hoselink Reel and others on the market?
Apart from the superior quality and high-grade materials we use, our reels are fitted with patented Hose Connectors completely unique to us. We haven’t skimped on quality, ensuring the casing can stand up to all weathers and the hose won’t kink or disintegrate. One of our proudest assets is our excellent Customer Care team who will provide support, troubleshooting advice and even offer repairs for those mishaps post-purchase, even after your warranty expires. When you buy a Hoselink Reel, you buy a complete package, not just a product.
If you'd like to speak to our Customer Care team please call 1300 900 617 or alternatively, you can email or live chat with us via our website.
What Retractable Hose Reels do you sell?
We sell a choice of two Retractable Hose Reels: Hi-Flow or standard. Our standard Retractable Hose Reels come in a choice of two hose lengths: 20m and 30m, while the Hi-Flow Reel comes in 25m only. We also have two colours to choose from: charcoal and beige.
What’s the difference between standard and Hi-Flow reels?
The Hi-Flow Reel offers an alternative option for those with low water pressure at their property. The larger 14mm internal diameter of the hose allows a higher flow of water to pass through for better pressure: perfect for cleaning the car as well as watering plants. Though fitted with specially adapted 14mm hose connectors, the fittings are compatible with all our standard 12mm fittings and watering accessories. The Hi-Flow Reel is only available with a 25m length hose inside.
What do Retractable Hose Reels come with?
All our Retractable Hose Reels come with the following as standard:
• Spring-loaded hose reel unit pre-fitted with a quality hose
• Full set of Hoselink no-burst connectors including a Universal Tap Connector, Hose Connector with Flow Control, Hose End Connectors and an Accessory Connector with Swivel (to prevent kinks and twists as you water)
• Comfort 8-Pattern Flow Control Sprayer
• 2m Leader Hose
• Durable Wall Bracket & Installation Hardware
• Hose Reel Plugs (to prevent wasps and other insects from nesting in screw holes)
How do I install my new Hose Reel?
Installation couldn’t be easier with our simple wall-mounted bracket design. Just four screw holes stand between you and your new watering experience and we’ve even included the screws, plugs and washers you’ll need to get the job done.
We recommend mounting your reel to a flat brick or timber surface using an electric drill with a 12mm masonry bit for brick and a 5mm drill bit for timber. Full instructions for mounting are included with your Hose Reel. Once you’ve mounted the wall bracket in place, simply slot your hose reel in and connect to the tap. It’s as easy as that! You can also watch our installation videos here.
What else do I need?
The Retractable Hose Reel comes with everything you need to get started but there are a few handy accessories you can pick up to make watering even easier:
• If you have existing accessories with click-on style fittings attached, you can still use them with Hoselink Connectors. Most click-on pieces will unscrew from nozzles and sprayers and our Accessory Connector will screw right in. If you find the click-on fitting is moulded, which is sometimes the case with pressure washers and sprinklers, you can purchase a Hoselink Click-on Adapter. This handy accessory screws on to the Hoselink Accessory Connector at one end and features a female click-on component at the other. Read more about adapting to Hoselink here.
• If your Hose Reel will be positioned in full sunlight all day, it’s a good idea to purchase a Hose Reel Cover for added protection. Not only useful to protect against sunlight and the elements, the covers come in a choice of three attractive designs to make your reel stand out in the garden.
• Your new reel will come with our bestselling Comfort 8-Pattern Flow Control Sprayer that offers a choice of spray functions including shower, mist, full, cone, centre, flat and jet. If you need more than that we have plenty of watering accessories to help you out. From our Extendable Cleaning Brush ideal for washing windows and cleaning cars to the Super Jet Washer perfect for cleaning pavers and car wheels. Our Long-reach Shower Spray Wand offers extra length for hanging baskets and beds whilst our Root Waterer & Soil Breaker is great for watering deep at the roots of trees and large shrubs.
• Your new Hose Reel is ideal for use with a sprinkler, and with a choice of six to choose from as well as a Misting and Mini Sprinkler Kit, you’ll be spoilt for choice. You can read about our different sprinklers here to help you make the right decision.
• If you want to use your reel in more than one location, i.e. in the front and back yard, you can purchase an Additional Wall Bracket & Tap Connector allowing you to move from bracket to bracket with ease. The Hose Reel has two carry handles to make transporting it easy.
• If you don’t want to mount your Hose Reel to a wall, don’t worry, we have a Fixed Ground Mount and Retractable Hose Reel Mounting Post that can be secured to the ground instead.
• With Padlocks, Leader Hose Extensions and Hose Repair Kits also available, you’ll find everything you need to maintain and secure your reel in one place at Hoselink.