Spray Gun Maintenance
Hoselink's Premium Metal Spray Gun and Premium Metal Trigger Gun have metal working parts and will require periodic lubrication. Typically this will be every few months but may occur more or less frequently depending on water hardness.
Prevent trigger sticking
Use the supplied silicone oil every month or so. Drop silicone oil into the plunger under the trigger and pump handle to distribute.
Trigger beginning to stick but still working
Use the supplied silicone oil and put a few drops into the plunger under the trigger. Pump the handle until it is fully operational again.
Trigger completely siezed
Take the following steps:
- Use pliers to unscrew the brass cap at the back of the sprayer.
- Remove the spring & metal plunger. Push the plunger from the trigger side first, then grip with pliers from the back to remove.
- Clean any debris or build up inside the trigger well.
- Drop silicone oil into the cavity and around the plunger.
- Replace plunger & spring and brass cap in reverse order.
- Pump the trigger until it is fully operational.
ONLY USE SILICONE OIL (Either from Hoselink - click here to buy - or your local hardware store)
NB: WD-40 is quickly washed away and is NOT recommended.