Hoselink is an online retailer selling consumer goods – principally garden and garden related products. It promotes its products and services directly to consumers - for example by advertising via telemarketing, post, e-mail, brochures and catalogues which may involve unsolicited communications or communications to existing customers, and it operates an email newsletter database to send subscribers details of products and services that may be of interest.
Central to the success of the Hoselink Group (meaning Hoselink Pty Ltd and its related bodies corporate) is our commitment to our customers. We take seriously our obligation to respect and protect the privacy of the personal information of individuals with whom we deal.
The information we collect and hold
We collect personal information about you which is reasonably necessary to:
- provide you with quality products or services
- to protect and improve our products (and services) and to develop new ones
- consider orders and requests and approaches you make to us
- maintain your contact details
We collect such information in two ways, first from information you give us (such as when you order product online or by phone) and information we get from your use of our services such as when you visit our websites which contain our advertising and you view and interact with our ads and content. In some cases, we collect personal information from third parties including public sources and our related companies and only ever by lawful and correct means.
We generally hold personal information relating to:
- the information which you provide to us which is part of your identity, such as your name, e-mail address or billing information, delivery address and special delivery instructions or other data which can be reasonably linked to such information
- the products and services we provide or have provided to you
- the keeping of demographic data, if you are a customer or potential customer of ours
- the recording of our interactions with you, including by telephone, email and online
- your enquiries or complaints.
We do not foresee use and disclosure of sensitive information about you will ever be necessary for any of our functions or activities –meaning information relating to race and ethnicity, political opinion, religious beliefs, sexual preferences and health information. Regardless, it can only come about with your consent.
We may collect information about your affiliation with certain organisations such as professional, trade or hobby associations.
From time to time, Hoselink may conduct online surveys that ask you for demographic data, like household information, ages, and so on. Participation in these surveys is always voluntary. Hoselink aggregates the responses we receive before using the information to improve the product offering and services we offer.
Hoselink may also offer contests that ask for some personal information, such as name and email address, so that we can contact winners.
We also collect personal information from people who submit applications or register interest for employment with us.
How that information is used
We use and disclose personal information about you for the purpose for which it was disclosed to us or for related purposes which would reasonably be expected without your permission with an organisation such as ours.
For example, we may use and disclose personal information to process orders and requests, administer and manage our products and services including monitoring, auditing, and evaluating those products and services, model and test data, communicate with you and deal with any complaints or enquiries. We may also use and disclose your personal information (on a confidential basis) in connection with acquisitions, mergers or changes in control of our business or assets.
We also use your personal information for marketing purposes such as to provide information about products, promotions and services which we expect may be of interest to you. However, we do respect your right to ask us not to do this. We have a simple opt-out regime in place.
We do not sell personal information to other organisations to allow them to do this.
We may share personal information inside the Hoselink Group, and may disclose personal information outside the Hoselink Group:
- to service providers who provide services including website and technology services, internet service providers, credit gateways, archival, auditing, accounting, customer contact, legal, business consulting, banking, payment, delivery, data processing, data analysis, information broking, mailing, marketing, research, investigation, insurance, identity verification and maintenance,
- as required by relevant laws or rules and to people you nominate with your permission.
In some circumstances the parties with whom we share personal information may operate outside of Australia e.g. New Zealand and the USA. Where this occurs, we take steps to protect personal information against misuse or loss.
Keeping information accurate and up to date
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information that is collected, used or disclosed is as accurate and complete as is possible and is up- to- date. You are able to contact us at any time and ask for its correction or if you feel the information we have about you is irrelevant to its use.
Keeping information secure
We use security procedures and technology to protect the information we hold. Our practice in relation to access to and use of personal information within our group seeks to prevent misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
If other organisations provide support services, we require them to appropriately safeguard the privacy of the information provided to them.
Where the personal information we collect is no longer required, we delete the information or permanently de-identify it.
If your access to our services is password protected we recommend you do not disclose your password to anyone. To further protect your personal information, your log-in time may automatically expire after a certain period of inactivity.
How you can access or correct your information
You can contact us as set out below to request access to or correction of your personal information. In normal circumstances we will give you full access or make the requested corrections to your information. However, atypically for an entity such as Hoselink, there may be legal or administrative reasons to refuse the amendment request and if this is the case we will provide you with the reasons why. If you disagree, you may ask us to make a note that your requested correction be held and associated with the information.
Dealing with the Hoselink Group online
When you visit our websites you will browse anonymously unless you have logged into or accessed the website from a personalised communication from us.
If you are an anonymous visitor, the information we collect is not capable of personally identifying you.
Once you have logged into a Hoselink portal, accessed our website from an e-mail or other personalised communication sent to you or provided us with personal information by completing a form online, we may be able to identify you. If we have identified you, we may be able to link your identity to your previous anonymous browsing history and collect information about your possible future use of our websites, irrespective of how you access our sites (e.g. by clicking a link in an advertisement or from a third party website). In addition we may combine that information about your use of our websites with certain other online and offline information we have about you in order to tailor your online experience and provide you with further information. If you would prefer not to be identified you can delete the cookies and reconfigure the cookie preferences on your internet browser (see below).
A 'cookie' is a packet of information placed on your computer when you visit a website used for recognition/user preference/record keeping purposes. Cookies are generally used on Hoselink sites to:
- manage advertising - we use advertising companies to deliver our online advertising. When you see one of our ads on a third party website, cookies are sometimes used to collect anonymous information about what pages you visit and the type of software you are using. This data may be used by third parties to target advertising on other sites based on your online activity.
- monitor traffic- we use tracking technology to gather anonymous information about how people are using the our sites. This information includes time of visit, pages visited, and some system information about the type of computer you are using. We use this information to enhance the content and services offered on the site
- collect identifiable information about your use of our websites - if we have identified you as a result of you logging into a Hoselink portal or accessing our website from an e-mail or other personalised communication sent to you or providing us with personal information by completing a form online.
You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is sent.
Hose-Pro International Pty. Ltd.
1/108 Old Pittwater Rd.
Phone: 1300 900 617
We communicate with our customers primarily through email. If you wish to unsubscribe the direct marketing communication, you may find and click on the unsubscribe link in each of the promotional email, and we will opt you out from the mailing listing without any cost. You may still receive emails which pertain to your specific order history for customer service purposes.
To unsubscribe from all email marketing communication from Hoselink, please use the unsubscribe link below: