Fixing Hose Fittings
Watch our step-by-step guide that demonstrates how to resolve leaking from the top, middle or bottom of Hoselink fittings.
Leaking at the Tap
- If water is leaking from out the top of the Universal Tap Connector, it is usually resolved by further tightening the connector onto the tap. Try using a towel around it to get a better grip.
- Ensure the Universal Tap Connector is not cross-threaded and screwed tightly onto the tap.
- Unscrew the Universal Tap Connector and inspect the black washer in the top of the connector.
- If the washer is damaged or missing, contact Hoselink for a replacement.
Water Spurting from Between Fittings
Hoselink maintains a watertight seal via the O ring to O ring seal between fittings. If water is spurting out where two fittings connect, then it is most likely due to a missing O ring.
- Disconnect the fittings from each other.
- Inspect the face of each fitting for the black O ring.
- Replace the missing O ring with a spare.
Spare O rings are supplied with all Hoselink connectors, kits, hoses and reels. Buy spare O rings here.
Water Trickling between Fittings or from Yellow Nut
This is most likely caused by an incorrectly fitted Hose End Connector. You will need to remove and re-fit the hose into the connector as follows.
- Remove the Hose Connector from your hose:
- Unscrew the yellow nut
- Use a small screwdriver to wedge the White Split Ring back up the hose
- Submerge the entire fitting in boiling water for 10 seconds
- Drain the water away, place the fitting between your feet and firmly pull the hose straight upwards
- Re-fit the Hose Connector:
- Cut the hose straight using sharp secateurs or a knife.
- Place the White Split Ring flush with the end of the hose.
- Dip the end of the hose into boiling water to soften the hose end.
- Push the hose down as far as it will go.
- Screw on the yellow nut.
Tip: There are a couple of steps where things can go awry so please pay special attention to these steps during the re-fitting process:
- Straight cut on the hose
- Split ring sitting flush to the end of the hose (ie. Not up the hose)
- Take the time to soften the hose in boiling water
- Put the fitting on a hard flat surface and push the hose down firmly, and then some.
If you are still experiencing problems, please contact Hoselink for further advice.