Makes 1 x 500ml jar
1 large or 2 small red onions, quartered and sliced
½ cup apple cider vinegar
½ cup red wine vinegar
1 cup water
½ tbsp coriander seeds
½ tbsp peppercorns
2 tbsp caster sugar
1 tbsp table salt
1. Before you start, you should sterilise your glass jar. To do this, you can put your jar on a hot cycle in the dishwasher or, alternatively, wash with hot soapy water then place on a rack in the oven (set to a low temperature) for 10-15 minutes.
2. Put your sliced onions into the sterilised jar.
3. Put the remaining ingredients into a saucepan and heat until just simmering. Stir from time to time to ensure the sugar dissolves completely.
4. Take the liquid off the heat and let it cool for a few minutes. Then, pour the liquid into your jar, seal and refrigerate. The liquid should come right to the top, fully covering the onions.
5. Your pickled onions will be ready to eat after two hours and will keep for up to one month in the refrigerator. Enjoy!